Once you get to the dog days of summer, there's no need to be miserable. That's because there are dozens of pools in the Taylors area waiting for throngs of kids, families and the overheated to join in summer revelry there.
Here are just a few spots:
- The Greenville Recreation District has multiple water-play opportunities. A Rec'N Crew Annual Pass runs at $139, and gives unlimited admission to Discovery Island Water Park, Otter Creek Water Park near Taylors and 7th Inning Splash Water Park, as as access to ice skating and The Bounce House at the Pavilion in Taylor's east side.
- Botany Woods Pool (310 Botany Road Greenville, SC 29615) in the Wade Hampton area is restricted to residents of the community there per the neighborhood bylaws, but owners there can bring guests, who only have to pay $3 per guest.
- Devenger Pool (100 Paddock Court ) Greer, SC 29650on the border of Greer and eastern Taylors offers $325 membership for non-resident families, and $225 couple/single memberships.
- Also on the east side is Del Norte's (310 Gaithburg Square Taylors, SC 29687) pool. A resident family membership is $275 for summer, while a non-resident family's fee is $300, and one adult is $160.
- At Peppertree in Taylors, the fee is $250 for an individual or family. Those interested can call (864) 214-6606.
Other pools in the area include:
- Wade Hampton Gardens, 8 Hampton Court, Greenville, SC 29609
- Stonelake, 707 Chick Springs Road, Greenville, SC 29609
- Silverleaf, 2 West Shefford Street, Greer, SC 29650
- Pebble Creek, 101 Pebble Creek Drive, Taylors, SC 29687
- Edwards Forest, 45 Randy Drive Taylors, SC 29687