Greenville Police are investigating a meth lab discovered after customers at a Wade Hampton area motel reported a small fire there.
Alia Urps, public information officer for Greenville Police Department, confirmed that at 5:03 a.m. Thursday, fire and police units responded to Regal Inn on Wade Hampton Boulevard in reference to a small fire.
Room 105 was the site of the fire. Urps said customers staying in the adjacent room called the authorities to notify them.
"The fire was not anything serious. It was more chemical burns on the carpet," Urps said.
Police confirmed the existence of a small meth lab in the room, and Hazmat was called out to the scene to process the material there.
No one has been reported hurt in the fire, but Urps said police are investigating who was in the room at the time. The room was empty by the time authorities arrived Thursday morning.