What's Happening In Taylors-Wade Hampton
Here are five things you should know about your community today.
Today is May 29, 2012. There are 217 days left in the year.
- Today's forecast, as projected by the National Weather Service, calls for a strong possibility of rain, with thunderstorms possible after 3 p.m. Tonight, more rainfall is possible, with the chance of precipitation hitting 60 percent.
- Are you a local business owner who wants to become better connected to Taylors online? Then join Taylors Patch for its first ever Social Media & Your Business Seminar, Tuesday May 29, 2012 at 11:00 am at Eastside YMCA at 1250 Taylors Road. We’ll help you better navigate social media, blogging and promoting your brand on the web.
- If you're considering surgery to lose weight, you can learn more about it at a free seminar being held tonight at 6 p.m. at the St. Francis’ Surgical Weight Loss Program at the St. Francis Eastside location on Commonwealth Drive.
- Registration is now open for the Fourth Annual Caine Halter Family Y Sprint Triathlon. The race is perfect for your first attempt at a tri or for experienced racers in training who want to test their pace. Racers will take on a 300-yard pool swim, nine-mile bike ride on a closed course, and a 5K run along the Swamp Rabbit Trail. The race is Saturday, June 16.
- Don't forget to cast your vote in today's round of the "Best S.C. Athlete" contest!